FreshCo Franchisee in Training (FIT) – MB
Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawtons Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
We are looking for retail savvy leaders who are looking to join the FreshCo Franchisee in Training Program. As we continue to grow and deliver on Discount Done Right, we are continuing with another significant investment – developing more Franchisees. We are looking for a select number of individuals who are willing to step forward and take the next step in their career. The Franchisee in Training Program is a comprehensive program designed to take leaders and prepare them to run a successful Franchise. The program will run between 18 – 24 months and includes a mix of in-class, in-store learning and work assignments.
What we offer…
As a full-time trainee, you will experience five components of a thorough training program to develop individuals for future roles as Store Manager or Franchisee.
- We will build on your industry experience and invest in your growth and development by pairing you with great mentors from within our business.
- You will receive in-store training, as well as classroom sessions delivered by leaders from within our business who are highly regarded for their subject matter knowledge and experience.
- We will provide you with challenging assignments designed to reinforce the learning and offer regular feedback along the way.
- Training may include hands on experience with Store Setup
- In addition, you may be given the opportunity to run a corporate store to demonstrate what you have learned.
Who you are…
Viewed as a leader, you are respected by those who work with you. You have 2+ years of experience leading, motivating, and driving for results in a people leader capacity. You have a passion for the retail food industry and are goal oriented in your career. You are a lifelong learner who is committed to improving every single day. You have the flexibility and willingness to travel within Ontario and Western Canada for training as required and are comfortable with spending significant time away from home. You are experienced and grounded in retail operations and are eager to have a franchise.